Prestige Academy’s ‘My Journey Gap Year’
My Journey Gap Year
As a school leaver, making plans for your future may seem like a daunting task. Life after school awaits you, but the choices that go along with that adventure are overwhelming. With countless career options to choose from, along with the responsibility of making decisions outside of the comfort zone that you have been accustomed to for the last 12 years may leave you feeling a bit stuck. If this describes you, then Prestige Academy’s ‘My Journey Gap Year’ may just be the solution for you.
Ultimately, a gap year offers you the opportunity to take a step back and view your life through a different lens and discover what your passion and goals are. The benefits of taking a gap year include, among others, exposure to a variety of career options through skills development courses and build character by participating in community outreach activities. Throughout the gap year journey, students come to realise the privilege of having a good education and grasp the opportunity to further their studies more firmly. Furthermore, a gap year produces a dedicated and confident student with a focused approach to tertiary education.
The ‘My Journey Gap Year’ programme offers students a year of unforgettable adventure, travel, leadership development, nature camps, excursions, outreach programmes and skills development courses. Adventure sport participation includes abseiling, rock climbing, river rafting, kayaking, a golf tournament and various others. Furthermore, students will participate in a penguin and seabird rehabilitation programme that spans over a three month period as part of the outreach component of the gap year. Dr S.T. Potgieter, a highly experienced mentor with expert knowledge in life and career coaching forms part of the team of people that will equip you to make the right choices regarding tertiary education and your future career.
Prestige Academy’s ‘My Journey Gap Year’ gives students the option of choosing one skills development course in group A and one in group B:
- Proficiency Certificate in Event Management
- Proficiency Certificate in Exhibition Event Management
- Proficiency Certificate in Call/Contact Centre Operator
- Proficiency Certificate in Project Management for Non Project Managers
- Professional Certificate in Small Business Management
- Proficiency Certificate in Financial Management
- Professional Certificate in Customer Relationship Management
- Proficiency Certificate in Executive Office Manager (PA)
- Proficiency Certificate in Marketing & Sales
- Proficiency Certificate in SQL Programming (Fundamentals – Advanced)
- A+ Computer Hardware & Software
- Digital Photography and Adobe Photoshop
- Website Development: HTML & Adobe Dreamweaver
- Graphic Design: Adobe In-Design, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop
- Art classes: charcoal, pencil, soft pastels, watercolor – and oil paintings
- Make-up artistry
Take the guesswork out of what to do with your life in 2017 and enrol for the ‘My Journey Gap Year’ programme. It will be hosted in Cape Town.Space is limited. For more information regarding the programme, contact a representative at Prestige Academy on 021 949 5036 or email email@example.com.
Download the ‘My Journey Gap Year’ Course Information Pack.
The ‘My Journey Gap Year’ Registration form.