The faculties represent a wide variety of studies, and each field of study has a unique variety of degree, diploma and certificate programs.
Prestige Academy has 3 faculties;
How do I apply?
Starting your education at Prestige Academy is only a few key strokes away………
STEP 1: Choose your study programme(s)
- Start by downloading the Registration form PDF file OR by registering online – HERE
- Choose your study programme(s) and make sure of the following:
- that you meet the minimum admission requirements
- If you are unsure of the career path that will suit you best, you can make use of the following tools:
- read up on all the programmes we offer at Prestige Academy by clicking on the “download online brochure“
- book a session with one of our Marketing Executives.
STEP 2: Complete the application and send the required documents
- Please ensure that your registration is completed correctly. Incomplete registration forms will not be processed and may cause you to miss the deadline and thus not be considered for your programme(s) of choice. Please be sure to attach the required documents with your application. Outstanding documentation can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your application will only be processed and considered when all the required application documents have been received by the Academy.
STEP 3: How is your application considered at the Academy?
- An amount of R2350 is payable when registering for admission as a student. Registration fees are not refundable under any circumstances.
- After (a) submitting your completed registration form; (b) meeting the minimum admission requirements; (c) pay your R2000 registration fee , the academy will inform you in writing of your acceptance into the programme of your choice.
- Certain programmes such as Bachelor of Arts (Applied Arts) (3D Animation); Bachelor of Arts (Visual Art) (Visual Communication Design) and Diploma in 3D Design and Digital Animation require additional information i.e. PORTFOLIO OF EVIDENCE TO BE SUBMITTED. If you don’t submit your POE the application will be considered as incomplete.
- If you are admitted to a study programme, this form will be part of your agreement with the Academy and it is important that you understand all your responsibilities. Once you and your parent/guardian have signed and submitted the registration form, your agreement with the Academy becomes legally binding on you and on them.
- Registration fees can be paid as part of the registration process, by cheque, postal order and/or EFT.
- Click here for more information on payment options.
- International/foreign students need to apply for their study permit.
STEP 4: Pay your programme deposit
- Make payment of the programme deposit (R8000) by no later than 30 November 2018.
- Should you wish to make use of a bank loan, you need to proceed with your application at the financial institution of your choice
STEP 5: Receive your student number and monitor your application status
- The Academy will acknowledge receipt of your registration via e-mail
- You will receive a student number for identification purposes and/or for applying for student loans, bursaries etc.
STEP 6: Take notice of the closing dates:
- 30 November is the closing date for applications for all programs (Applicable only to NEW Prospective students)
- 15 November is the closing date for all senior students (2nd and 3rd years)
- 15 January is the closing date for all senior students who re-register for subjects.
- 15 August: Residence application
STEP 7: Compulsory form for students with special needs
- Students with special learning needs (disabilities) will be required to hand in a doctor’s certificate together with the application for special learning needs. Download the Special Learning needs form.PDF and send it to email@example.com.
STEP 8: If you want to change your course?
- If you want to change your course, your request will be considered only if there are still space available in the specific course you have selected.
- Request for change in course must be done in writing. You can email this request to firstname.lastname@example.org
By submitting this information, you agree to receive telephone calls, electronic communications and printed materials from Prestige Academy.
Application documents required
The following documentation must be handed in together with your registration and/or submitted with your online registration form:
- Fully completed and signed Application Form / Registration Contract
- Certified copy of Grade 11 results, or April/June Grade 12 results (if currently in Grade 12)
- Certified copy of your final Grade 12 results and your National Senior Certificate (if grade 12 is completed)
- Certified copy of your Identity Document
- R2350.00 non-refundable application and registration fee. Attach the deposit slip or receipt. (No application will be considered without the application/registration fee).
The Principal Payer/Co-Payers documents:
- Certified copy of the principal payer and co-payer Identity Document(s)
- Latest Salary slip(s)-(if individual person(s) are the account payers)
- or the latest Financial Statements (if company is the account payer)
General & Specific Admission requirements (SA Citizens)
- Download PDF for General Admission Requirements.
Specific Admission requirements:
The below qualifications have their own individual specific special admission requirements
- B(Applied Arts) (3D Animation) – Download PDF for POE requirements
- BA (Visual Arts) (Visual Communication Design) – Download PDF for POE requirements
- Diploma in 3D Design and Digital Animation – Download PDF for POE requirements
- Additional requirements for the BCom Business Management- 50% for Mathematics OR 80% for Mathematical Literacy OR Accounting 50% if Mathematics is less than 50% OR Mathematical Literacy if less than 80%.
General & Specific Admission requirements for non SA Citizens (International and Foreign students)
- Download PDF for International/Foreign Admission Requirements.
- Foreign students who apply to study in South Africa, must be in possession of a qualification from the country of origin equal to the National Senior Certificate (Grade 12) in South Africa. Applicants who holds a Grade 12 certificate issued by the country of origin, must ensure that it is mapped against the South African Grade 12 criteria. Qualifications issued by Cambridge or Namibian Senior Secondary qualification body with a combination of ordinary and higher (advanced) level subjects will be recorded according to the UNAM table. All applicants who holds any other foreign Grade 12 certificate must send it to SAQA for mapping against a South African qualification. If the foreign qualification of an applicant does not meet this condition, the higher education institution (provider) in South Africa may not enrol such a student. Applicants who holds a Grade 12 qualification from the country of origin with subjects on the ordinary level only, do not meet the Grade 12 criteria in South Africa. However Prestige Academy accommodates such applicants by means of a bridging course. The following criteria applies:
- A prospective student may be admitted to this institution as a Special Student, subject to approval by the Rector and Academic Manager;
- Offer relevant subjects with an A, B or C grade and in addition achieve 25 points at a minimum on the UNAM evaluation scale;
- Such candidates will be allowed to apply for admission to an advanced programme under the condition that they have successfully completed all modules in the Higher Certificate programme as well as achieving a 65% aggregate for all modules during that year of study;
- These special arrangements and conditions apply to students of Prestige Academy exclusively.
Admission as a student with Special Learning Needs
Students with special learning needs (disabilities) will be required to hand in a doctor’s certificate together with the application for special learning needs
There are many kinds of disability. We provide for special learning needs associated with two broad types of disability: i) permanent disability and impairments of an indefinite duration, and ii) temporary disability caused by incidental events such as a traffic accident resulting in hospitalisation.
- The granting of privileges related to special learning needs will ONLY be considered if formally applied for.
- Your application must be submitted at the office of the Academic Manager not later than the end of the second week in February during the first year of study.
- In all cases of conditions/disability known before starting the academic year (“up front”), the application must be submitted by the date stated above. Applications due to unforeseen events will be considered on a case-by-case circumstantial basis.
- You have to apply only once. Any privileges will thus be valid for the entire duration of studying at this institution, unless the circumstances of the candidate change dramatically at any time, requiring a review.
- Applicants must submit adequate and valid evidence to justify the application. At a minimum at requires an evaluation report of a registered medical practitioner (family doctor), psychologist or any other relevant health professional. This report should clearly specify your condition(s) as well as recommendations as to the best way of addressing the need and accommodating the applicant in teaching-learning context.
- If we do not receive the information with regards to your learning needs, including your specific condition, your application will remain incomplete.
- We reserve the right to reject the application should any of the information used as motivation be found inaccurate, incomplete, false, or misleading.
- The applicant may have to cover the cost for certain privileges, depending on the circumstances, e.g. the services of a scribe will be at a rate of R150 per hour.
How you can help us
We recommend that you make an appointment with the Academic Manager in the year before commencing with your studies so that you can familiarise yourself with the teaching-learning environment. Should you require any further information related to this application, please contact us at +27 21 949 5036 or vedaL@prestigeacademy.co.za
Prestige Academy has a Benchmark Test that will be used in the following cases:
- Students holding a grade 12 certificate with subjects only on the lower level and are enrolling for the bridging programme;
- In the event of inadequate evidence that the student holds a qualification equal to the NSC qualification in South Africa (especially applicable to applicants from foreign countries).
The Academic Manager in collaboration with the Rector decide which applicants have to complete the Benchmark Test. The Academic Manager will forward the link for this test to the identified applicants (this means: all applicants don’t have to complete the benchmark test, but only in cases that is really necessary). The applicant must then follow the instructions on screen. Once the test has been completed, the results will be processed and the applicant be informed about the result.
IMPORTANT: Should you therefore want to gain access to the Benchmark Test, you will be required to email us on email@example.com upon which we will provide you with access details.