With the Information Technology Diploma the first academic year serves as a platform for pursuing more advanced studies in networking technologies. It is the same as for the Certificate in Internetwork System Specialist. This qualification will equip students with relevant knowledge and practical skills concerning IT networks, security, internet and the latest computer hardware. The curriculum is based on international certifications for A+ (Computer Hardware and Operating systems), “Wireless Networking (Wi-Fi)”, Certified Cisco Network Administrator (CCNA) working with Routers & Switches, Linux Administration, VoIP (Voice over IP) and Basic Project Management using Cisco technologies e.g. VPN’s, VLAN’s and Remote Administration.
The 2nd year of study will show clients and employers that you can design, implement, and administer infrastructures for business solutions based on Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and other Windows server platforms. Implementation responsibilities include installing, configuring, and troubleshooting network systems. This curriculum also covers Active Directory, which helps organisations simplify IT management, strengthen security, extend interoperability of systems and software, and ultimately reduce costs.
This qualification not only equips you to manage an organization’s Active Directory but to plan strategically for its future network enhancements. They would be able to install and manage Microsoft networks using all available technologies for both LAN’s and Wide Area Networks. Students will also be trained in the fundamentals of Cloud computing and the impact this will have on how IT infrastructure is managed. Students will be able to obtain the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) qualification that map to a variety of job roles including systems engineer, technical support engineer, system analyst, network analyst and technical consultant. These qualifications ensure the students ample practical experience and enough knowledge to venture into the IT job market with confidence. Our curriculum is based on the prescribed international “Microsoft” curriculum (training program). We use our own customised subject titles (with the Microsoft names in brackets). (Refer to the Program information pack)
LET US CALL YOU BACK!
Leave us your contact info and we’ll call you…
Curriculum For The Diploma in Information Technology Network Integration Specialisation
- Operating Systems (CompTia A+)
- Computer Hardware Management (CompTia A+)
- Linux Administration (CentOS)
- Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP)
- Router & Switch Configuration (CCNA: Certified Cisco Network Associate)
- Wireless Networking (CWNA: Certified Wireless Network Administrator)
- Project Management
- Advanced Server Deployment (Microsoft: Implementing and Advanced Server Infrastructure 2012 R2)
- Designing Server Infrastructure (Microsoft: Designing & Implementing a Server Infrastructure Windows Server 2012 R2)
Implementing Network Infrastructure (Microsoft: Installing & Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2)
- E-mail Server Management (Microsoft: Configuring Microsoft Exchange Server 2016)
- Securing Server Services (Microsoft: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 R2 Services)
- Windows Server Administration (Microsoft: Administering Windows Server 2012 R2)
- Private Cloud Implementation (Microsoft: Configuring & Deploying a Private Cloud with System Center 2012 R2)
- Threat Management Gateway (Microsoft: MS Forefront Threat Management Gateway)
- Database Server Administration (Microsoft: Configuring & Administering a Database)
- Work-based Learning
Future Careers – What will you become?
IT Project Manager
IT Network Specialist
Information Security Specialist
LET US CALL YOU BACK!
Leave us your contact info and we'll call you...