We are very FONT of you because you are just our TYPE!
The world is your oyster if you know how to visually communicate ideas that inspire, inform or engage with people.
1. You’ll learn skills that a robot or machine could never do
Graphic design is creative and requires human-led intelligence and ideas to respond to trends, tastes and what has already been before. It will never be something a robot can mimic.
2. You’re satisfying the creative needs of Generation K
Generation K”, inspired by Katniss Everdeen of The Hunger Games. What’s interesting about Generation K (along with the Millennials) is that they’re hugely creative. They love to make things, hack things, and create something new. They’re inspired by everything around them – and this is where you and your graphic design skills come into play.
3. Design and Branding matters more now
The need to create visuals that will attract and win over this tough crowd will ensure the design is treated with the respect it deserves. It will be your job as a designer to help win hearts and minds through your creativity. How exciting is that!
4. It’s easier than ever before to design for yourself
Technology is cheaper and more accessible. There has literally never been a better time to design for yourself. You can even start your own side business!
5. There’s never been a better time to live and work overseas
If you’re feeling adventurous and want to secure a job overseas, then graphic design is in demand everywhere.
6. You live in a time where millions could see your work
If showing off is your thing, and you want to see your name (or work) in lights, then graphic design is a huge boost to the ego. Your designs could literally be seen by millions – online, on the street, in newspapers and magazines.
7. You’ll be able to survive many twists and turns during your career
Graphic design gives you skills that are in demand and can apply to many different career paths. They’re transferable. One minute you could be working at a design studio, the next – you’re working in-house for a large brand.
8. You’ll problem-solve every day, boosting your brainpower for a longer life
Graphic design makes your brain very active. It forces you to problem-solve every day, which challenges you and consequently ensures you’re performing at your best capacity.
9. In dark times, you’ll be able to absorb beautiful, creative things
The world is most definitely a dark place right now. But despite this, there is always something to smile about. Graphic design gives us the daily opportunity to embrace our surroundings, think creatively and absorb the most beautiful things life has to offer.
10. You’ll learn the ropes to go freelance if you want too
Many designers learn the ropes of entrepreneurship when they work for a studio or agency, particularly if the company is small and they get to see first-hand the daily struggles and challenges. The benefits of freelancing can be endless. It won’t be easy, that’s for sure.